Go4word a Leading Social Media Marketing Agency in Cape Town presents:How to introduce social media to your business
As a leading social media marketing agency in Cape Town, Go4word prides itself on helping our customers get a true understanding of the services we offer and why they are so important to the success of any marketing campaign. Below is a list of tips our social media guru’s have put together to help you navigate and get the most out of your social media campaign. Our team of experts are always here to help and if you would like to know more about how our firm can help you today, please do not hesitate to contact one of our consultants today!
- You need to make sure that you identify what you want social media to achieve for your firm, whether it is building relationships, generating sales leads, promoting offers or reinforcing your brand.
- Understand your customers’ needs are first and assess how you can address them with social media — whether your customers need easier access to product information or better after-sales service.
- Work out where your customers are located as there are a range of social media platforms customers are likely to use. It is no use building a Facebook presence if your customers choose to network on LinkedIn, for example.
- Evaluate how your competitors are using social media to market their businesses. Consider what you can learn from their approach about what works.
- Tailor your approach to the culture of the social media platform you are using.
- Establish realistic, achievable, goal-driven objectives, and set out how you are going to measure success or return on investment.
- Research the tools available to help you measure your impact on social media platforms.
- Incorporate social media marketing into your marketing plan — use it to complement your existing marketing activities, not to replace them.
- Create a strong profile on your chosen social media platform/s — think about the essential information you want to convey and the image you want to promote of your business.
- Make sure your marketing messages are relevant to your customers, informative and engaging.
- Avoid persistently broadcasting to your audience or delivering hard sales messages; instead, share your knowledge and expertise.
- Respond to feedback and your customers’ attempts to engage with you, even if they are critical. Ignoring feedback can damage your reputation, responding gives you a chance to build your profile and your credibility.
- Monitor your social media use, measure your progress and make changes to your approach if it is not working.
- Be patient — it will take time to learn how to use social media successfully, and to build your reputation within your chosen networks.
Cardinal Rules when dealing with Social Media Marketing!
Make sure you do the following:
- research the platform and your customers
- be open, approachable and relevant
- measure your effectiveness and adapt accordingly
Make sure you do not do the following at all costs:
- bombard people with sales messages
- use a platform that none of your customers are using
- ignore your customers’ comments and feedback
If you liked this article and would like to know more about how our firm can assist with all your marketing needs. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our consultants today!