Why Social Media Marketing Is So Important for Your Business in 2015
The term “social media marketing” is everywhere, but for many people this is still a foreign concept and that is why its important to understand exactly what social media marketing involves and why its vital to the continued growth of your businesses online presence. Social media marketing networks were a novelty 5 years ago, but today their importance is no longer debated. Yes, businesses have definitely realized the power of social media marketing and accepted that social media marketing has to be part of their marketing and PR strategy.
These are the definitive benefits of social media marketing that are listed:
- Increased exposure
- Increased traffic
- Developed loyal fans
- Generated leads
- Improved search ranking
- Grew business partnerships
- Reduced marketing expenses
- Improved sales
- Provided marketplace insight
Using Social Media Marketing can be a real game changer for your Business in 2015!
It’s obvious that social media will continue to have a significant impact in 2015 on marketers and business owners: They now have the ability to reach out and communicate on a personal level with their target audience on a daily basis. This is a game changer for businesses engaging in marketing, sales, customer service and other business activities. This is very powerful and has never been available with traditional marketing!
The success gap is widening between businesses that are using social media in an informal, ad hoc manner and those taking a more planned, strategic approach.
This has significant implications:
- Businesses that use social media strategically are more satisfied with the results than ad hoc users, who are more skeptical about the value of social media.
- Businesses that use social media as part of a planned corporate approach are 1.5 to 2 times more likely to anticipate revenue growth than ad hoc users.
Much has changed over the last year in social media, and it will continue to change in 2015.
- Facebook is still the leading social media network and continues to grow.
- Facebook now has 1.26 billion users
- Facebook averages 1.23 billion monthly active users
- There are 128 million daily active Facebook users in the US
- Facebook averages 945 million monthly active mobile users
- Facebook usage is highest in North America: Facebook has 59% of all Internet users in North America as active users. Google+ only achieves 15% and Twitter 25%.
- YouTube is more popular than cable television: YouTube reaches more adults than any cable network. In the United States, the number of people who watch television has fallen behind the number of people who watch YouTube on a regular basis. This makes it clear that televised content is undergoing a decline, online consumption of video is on the incline. Many companies have taken advantage of this by releasing their ads or marketing campaigns on YouTube first before they debut on TV.
- LinkedIn is still the largest professional business network and continues to grow but not at the pace of Pinterest,Google+ or Twitter.
- Pinterest is the fastest growing social network right now. The visual web is driving the rise of Pinterest and Tumblr with growth rates of 88% and 74% respectively over the last 12 months. Pinterest is also one of the leading referral sources for organic traffic, which is a good for high search rankings.
- Some social media networks have a more active user-base than others. Statistical research has revealed that more than 95% of Facebook users log into their account every day. That number for Twitter is 60% and for LinkedIn is 30%.
The top challenges businesses have in using social media are:
- Lack of time
- Inability to measure value
- Difficulty integrating social media with other business activities
- Lack of budget
That is why it makes sense to outsource your social media marketing needs to an agency like Go4word. We are here to help and with our support your social media presence will be strong. If you would like to know more about how we can help you today. Please do not hesitate to contact one of our consultants today!